Welcome to the Sanatan Cultural Society Fundraising page.
WHY ARE WE RAISING FUNDS?
We are aiming to collect £6,000.00 to pay off our mortgage so that we can continue to keep our mandir operational. We want to pay off the mortgage for our Mandir so that our we and our members can have the security of keeping our Mandir. We will then be in the position to use our regular donations to improve our facilities and help our Mandir community. Please help to pay off the mortgage remaining on our Mandir and give us the security we need.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a friendly, progressive group of people who believe in and practice Sanatan Dharma, the universal religion for the whole world.
The establishment of the Sanatan Cultural Society was inspired by the Vision of our first spiritual leader,the Late Pandit Tiwarie.Together with their spiritual leader the late Pandit Hardeo Tiwarie a few families started the SCS (Sanatan Cultural Society) several years ago with the goal of having a temple in North London.
The aim was, and still is, to maintain the Hindu religion (Sanatan Dharma) and to encourage the children of the community to take an active part.
Due to the distance it had become difficult for many devotees to attend the Caribbean Hindu Society in Brixton.
In the past the society has been privileged to have Pandit Harri Tewari, Pandit Sahadeo Tewari, the late Pandit Hardeo Tewarie and Pandit Satish Deo as our priests. The current officiating Pandit is Pandit Bish Persaud.
SOME OF THE THINGS WE DO AND HAVE DONE
- In 1998 The SCS became a registered charity.
- Acquired our own premises for use as a Mandir (Satyanarayan Mandir) and other religious activities. In 2011 we acquired our own Mandir with Pandit Satish Deo as officiating Priest.
- Provide tuition in the study of the Hindi language.
- Study and recite the Ramayan
- Celebrate major festivals in the Hindu Calendar, including Shivratri, Holi, Navratri, Ramnaumi, Krishna Janamasthmi, and Diwali.
- Promote the learning and performance of Kirtan and Bhajan singing with particular emphasis on our younger members and supporters.
- Conduct regular Pooja and Havan ceremonies.
- Held a three day Ramayan Yajna to commemorate the opening of our Mandir
- We have 131 members as of May 1st 2018
See the below video - this is our Mandir and our devottees singing the hanuman chalisa during Diwali 2014. Our doors are open to all but as with every Mandir we have our regular local following who support us and keep the Mandir operational. By paying off our mortgage we can concentrate on supporting our Hindu Mandir and our devotees as well as the regualr costs in keeping a Mandir operational.
See our videos at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOl-mB1_zhhIoCc4DYBfEwg/videos
Visit our webiste at https://sanatanculturalsociety.com